Join the Editorial Board
This is an opportunity for you to begin your editorial career at a respected international journal, owned by two of the world’s largest endocrine societies: Society for Endocrinology and European Society of Endocrinology.
Join the Endocrine Connections Editorial Board as an expert referee, and review papers within your specialist subject area. Participation in this role will help raise your profile and increase your understanding of the publishing process, whilst facilitating the publication of high-impact and open-access endocrine research from around the world.
As a member of the Endocrine Connections Editorial Board you will be asked to review papers within an agreed timeframe, applying your subject expertise to provide a thorough and constructive critique. Expert reviewers are responsible for assessing whether submitted articles are scientifically sound and accurate. Your reports will be considered by the Senior Editor overseeing the article, as well as the Editor-in-Chief.
- Raise your profile in the endocrine community and develop your understanding of scholarly publishing – valuable for getting your future work published.
- Learn from experienced Senior Editors and enhance your skillset.
- Develop both your own research and writing skills by reading the reports of other, more established reviewers.
- Play a vital role in providing governance for the research published in your field.
- You will be eligible for an annual 40% discount on the Article Publication Charge when you publish in Endocrine Connections.
- Members of the reviewer board are invited to participate in the annual editorial board meeting, providing an opportunity to contribute to the journal, meet fellow researchers from the board and develop collaborations of your own.
Professor Adrian Clark
“This is a great opportunity for early-career scientists and clinicians to engage with a growing and developing journal; in turn, providing a greater understanding of the process for peer-reviewed publications. The journal often selects its Senior Editors from amongst the Editorial Board, enabling Editors with the appropriate inclination to establish themselves as future Editors-in-Chief.”
To maintain the quality of experience on the Editorial Board, applicants are likely to have the following:
- A higher (research) degree in a relevant discipline.
- The equivalent of an academic or clinical consultant-level post (i.e. clinical specialist training completed) or, exceptionally, be an experienced member of research staff working in a department with interests relevant to Endocrine Connections (see the journal scope).
- Twenty or more peer-reviewed papers.
- Significant experience of peer reviewing.
If you have any questions or would like to apply, you can do so by emailing email@example.com.
Please provide your CV, list of publications and, if available, your Publons profile.