About Endocrine Connections
Endocrine Connections is a peer-reviewed journal, publishing basic, translational and clinical research and reviews in all areas of endocrinology, including papers that deal with non-classical tissues as source or targets of hormones and endocrine papers that have relevance to endocrine-related and intersecting disciplines and the wider biomedical community.
Endocrine Connections is a fully gold open-access journal. Articles are published under a Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) licence. Articles are freely available to everyone to read and reuse immediately upon publication, provided the terms of the licence are met.
For more information, please see our Open Access page
- Time to first decision: Endocrine Connections aims to return a decision on a peer-reviewed article in less than a month
- Time to online publication: Accepted manuscripts are published online and are fully citable within 24 hours of acceptance
- Impact Factor: 2.9
Articles published in Endocrine Connections undergo peer review before acceptance. Key facts about the peer-review process are given below:
- identity transparency: single anonymized
- reviewer interacts with: editor
- review information published: none
If an article is not accepted for publication, we may offer the author the opportunity to transfer their submission to other suitable journals published by Bioscientifica.
More information about the peer-review process can be found on our Peer-review process page.
Endocrine Connections publishes the following types of article:
- Research articles
- Guidelines and Guidance
Authors can find all the information needed to prepare articles for submission to Endocrine Connections on our Author Guidelines page.
Once an article is ready to submit, authors are advised to visit our How to Submit page.
Submissions are managed though the Endocrine Connections ScholarOne Manuscripts site.
Endocrine Connections has the following publication charges:
- Article Publication Charge (as of 1 Jan 2024): £2100, plus VAT where applicable. Please see the Publiactions charges page for more details.
- Colour charges: There are no colour costs charged when publishing in Endocrine Connections.
Endocrine Connections maintains the highest standards of publication and research ethics and is a member of the Committee for Publication Ethics (COPE).
Authors, Reviewers and Editors are expected to comply with Bioscientifica’s Ethical Policy.
Endocrine Connections recognises that there are biases and inequalities in the publishing system. We are committed to scrutinising our own processes and policies to prevent bias, reduce inequality and better represent and serve our diverse community of authors, reviewers, editors and readers.
Endocrine Connections supports open data and strongly encourages authors to publicly release all data supporting the analysis and conclusions of primary research articles, on or before publication of the article.
All primary research articles published in Endocrine Connections should include a Data Availability Statement.
More information is on our Research data page.
Endocrine Connections is indexed in:
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar
- PubMed and PubMed Central
- Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE, Journal Citation Reports)
Articles published in Endocrine Connections are archived in LOCKSS and Portico to ensure that these articles are preserved in the long term.